Sunday, January 25, 2009

College apps and art

As the deadline for submitting my portfolio to colleges draws nearer, my stress builds. This is common for anyone. I don't know, I have been feeling down lately. This is a very clear rant. 
I don't know where I want to go to college, or even if the choices that I made for colleges are the right ones. It's things like that, that scare me. I don't want to wind up somewhere where I'm unhappy, and I don't want to be alone from all of my high school friends. 
As well as my fear of being dissatisfied with college, my parents words of "reassurance" over the phone have only been exacerbating my fear of school. I feel like they aren't satisfied with my academic performance  unless it's stellar, or that they don't have  confidence in me as becoming an artist or going to art school. I don't think parents realize the weight of the things they say to their kids. 
I realize that this is an odd thing to have posted as my first entry in over a year, but it's just how I'm feeling.

No comments: