Thursday, January 29, 2009

something to drag you from a sad time.

Lately whenever I feel lonely or sad, I try to find ways to placate myself. Whether it is writing, doing art, or running, it doesn't matter. So long as I don't just sit alone with my thoughts eating away at me.
Thus, if but for no one other than myself, I am composing my top 10 list of things to do to de-stress and refuel....
1. read a web-comic, my personal favorites are Bearandkitten.com and marriedtothesea.com
2. Do some creative writing. this is especially nice if you feel a little sad and confused, so you can actually understand the root of the problem better.
3.  call a good friend and talk for like an hour or so. this is very fun, the only downside is when the conversation just gets awkward.
4. Go and exercise. I hate to sound like some sort of health guru but whenever I feel agitated or lazy I realize that if I go running I'll feel happy afterwards. I don't like to exercise but the feeling of finishing a 4-mile run is great! trust me!
5. Make art. This doesn't mean do art that has been assigned, because if you do art that is homework you are liable to get frustrated and then want to destroy your work!
6. Leave wherever you are currently situated for like almost a whole day. I get pretty anxious when I am cooped up in my room for too long, so I like to leave and go far away. like out into the streets or to a cafe or to a town.
7. Listen to an audiobook read by Ian Mckellen. His voice is very soothing. I really like it. It's great when you want to go to sleep or want to like escape the shitty stuff going on around you.
8.(Courtesy of Montana) go and make some hot Soy-milk mixed with honey, then take the soy-milk and get some Newman-O's. Dip the Newman-O's into the delicious beverage. consume.
9. Play the guitar(even if you really suck and actually don't know any chords or nothing and just are using Shelley's). It's fun, it's like being expressive, and sometimes you make something that sounds like a song, and you feel so self-sufficient. I like to strum randomly and sing songs i just make up.
10. Get a big hug from everyone in the quiet lounge. One time, I was really upset, and I couldn't even say how upset I was because I was THAT upset. So then I start crying, a lot, and suddenly there are these arms, holding me, and telling me "it's okay". And it really was then. 

No comments: